When the appropriate applications are installed on the computer selected for use with your KODAK Picture Saver Scanner, connect the power supply, power cord and USB cable to the scanner.
- Select the appropriate AC power cord for your region from the supply of power cords packed with your scanner.
- Attach the power cord you selected to the power supply. (Be sure that the power cord is securely attached to the power supply.)
- Plug the output power cord from the power supply into the power port on the scanner.
- Plug the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Attach the USB cable to the scanner USB port, located on the back of the scanner.
- Attach the other end of the USB cable to the proper USB port on your PC.
- Secure the power cord and USB cable into the routing channel on the back of the scanner.
- The scanner's manufacturer recommends the power outlet is located within 1.52 metres (5 feet) of the scanner and is easily accessible.
- Avoid pinching or crimping the power and USB cords.
- When packing up your scanner to go mobile, consider labeling your power cord and USB cable to provide quick identification and easy re-assembly.
- If you are short USB hubs directly available on your computer, use a multi-port USB high-speed hub. A hub is great for peripherals with low power consumption (mouse, keyboards, dongles, etc.) and will free up a USB port directly on the computer's main printed circuit board (motherboard) for use with the scanner.