These guidelines offer insight into saving time and improving efficiency while scanning batches of photos with the Kodak Picture Saver Scanning System.
• Handle photos with care! Be sure your hands are clean or wear clean white cotton gloves. Avoid touching the photographic surface.
• Fragile or precious photos should be scanned using the Kodak A3 Flatbed Accessory or Kodak Legal Flatbed Accessory to eliminate the risk of damage from automated handling.
• Use the scanner in a clean, dust-free environment.
• Cover the scanner when it is not in use.
• Avoid unnecessary bending and flexing of photos.
• Due to copyright laws, any professionally taken photos that are copyrighted cannot be scanned without written permission from the owner.
• Two-sided photo scanning: - If you have a batch of photos where both sides of some photos need to be scanned, group these photos together and scan them in a separate batch. This will save time deleting unwanted blank images. - If you need to rescan one side of a two-sided photo, select the side you want to rescan, otherwise select Two-sided to rescan both sides.
• If you have a batch of photos that need color enhancement, brightness adjustment, etc., group these photos together. When you select KODAK Perfect Touch after scanning, the application software enhances the entire folder of images at the same time.
• If you use Sharpen Image at 600 or 1200 dpi, the processing time will be significantly increased. This option is not recommended for grayscale images.